Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Monday 21 March 2016

Chiddingstone Castle, the Grounds


Chiddingstone Castle is a beautiful country house near Edenbridge, Kent. Hidden away is beautiful countryside, it is maybe not the easiest place to find, but well worth the effort of finding your way down country lanes.





The first mention of a building in this spot was in the 1500's, and as with very many historical houses Chiddingstone has seen many changes in Architecture and use throughout its History, at one stage it was even a school.


The Victorian Orangery,


The amazing roof of The Orangery.


Beautiful statues around the grounds.

The house is set in 35 acres, but the day we went we wanted to spend our time inside the house, mainly to see the famous Denys Eyre Bower collections, but more about those in another blog.




The Rose Garden in the inner courtyard.

My next blog will be the beautiful interior of the house :)


1 comment: