Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Sunday 25 November 2018

Pugin's Church, St. Augustine's R.C. Church, Ramsgate, Kent. Part 2.



An effigy of Augustus Pugin in the Pugin Chantry Chapel, Pugin and other members of his family are buried in a vault underneath this Chapel.


No dog for Pugin to rest his feet on, two doves instead, a lovely idea :)


Part of the carved marble behind Pugin's effigy.



Tiles in the Pugin Chantry Chapel, which I believe shows the Pugin Crest.


Examples of some of the beautiful tiles to be found in the church.





Part of the Augustine window in the Pugin Chantry Chapel.


Pugin's stained glass window above the High Altar in the Chancel. 


Another part of the Augustine window in the Pugin Chantry Chapel.


Gorgeous stained glass 



Memorial plaques in the Pugin Cancery Chapel. Pugin and various members of his family are buried in a vault underneath the Chapel.


Memorial to Pugin's son, it looks as if there should have been a few more details about his wife?


A silver candle holder.


Pew end carvings on the Choir Stalls in the Chancel.



A wonderful brass memorial 



We had a great time looking round this wonderful church, the next time Pugin's house is open to the public my friend and I intend to visit it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment