Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Thursday 31 December 2020

Last Blog of the Year 2020 Part 2


One good thing that came out of this years lockdown - I finally had the time to get out my Pillow Lace, and actually made a nice piece  of lace:)

JULY


The door leading into Walmer Castle from the garden, usually these doors are wide open, but access to the Castle itself has not been allowed since Covid 19 started.  


Walmer Castle gardens, I couldn't resist taking this photo, the shadow of the leaves on this tree trunk was lovely :)


A bee on the plant that I know as Sea Holly :)

AUGUST


Our son has been working in a Country Pub for some time, even during the first lockdown. Occasionally he asks for a lift to work, single track country roads to negotiaite, but they are so peaceful and beautiful. This one is looking down the hill, so lovely in the summer sunshine :)


Walmer Castle, in the woods, just gorgeous.


Walmer Castle Gardens, not sure what the plants are, but love the colours together.

SEPTEMBER


Gorgeous shape of this tree, Walmer Castle Gardens.


Roses blooming beautifully in our local park, so pretty.



OCTOBER


This is a crochet blanket that I am making for my son. It is King Size, and he wants it to be 7 feet long! I am over half way with it, but it is slow going and getting heavier all the time!!


Beautiful Autumn colours :)


Lovely day, but cold. I love watching the waves roll in :)


One of the gorgeous Dahlias in my garden :)

NOVEMBER


The Bandstand on Walmer Green, built to commemorate the 11 bandsmen killed by an IRA bomb planted in the School of Music, Walmer in 1989


A beautiful little squirrel in The Garden of Rest, enjoying a berry or two :)


A very windy day for a walk along the Pier, the two Cormorants were probably having a rest  :)


DECEMBER


Autumn leaves in the Garden of Rest, lovely kicking through them :)


Seagulls practising 'social distancing' on the Pier!!


Seagulls enjoying the sun and the windy weather :)


Beautiful Sandwich, looking good even with all the restrictions.


MERLIN

In September we had to say goodbye to one of our cats, Merlin. He was FIV positive, but that didn't stop him, he was the boss of the house :) We had the pleasure of his company for 5 years, we all loved him to bits, and wished we had had longer with him. 

We won't forget you Merlin x


A lace pillow is a good place for a nap :)


Snuggled into crochet blanket I am making, he loved anything soft and cuddly :)


I hope you have all enjoyed the photos, we are all looking forward to hopefully a better 2021, but we will have to wait and see on that one! 

Wishing anyone reading this a happier time in the New Year, take care everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment