Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Kearsney Abbey, Dover, Kent

 

Kearsney Abbey in Dover has always been one of my favourite places. There has been a lot of work going on there, and in neighbouring Russell Gardens, but due to the Lockdowns this was my first visit for probably 2 years. I was a bit worried about what improvements had been made but was very pleased to find that all the changes were good ones :)
The photo above shows the new extension to the original cafe, the extension is on the right, along with much needed new toilet facilities behind. The original cafe building is the left part shown above. This as I understand it,  was originally the Billiard Room of the house that was once on this site.
 

I love swans, there are always swans in the Abbey and over the Road in Russell Gardens. I think the bird above coukd be one of last years chicks, his coat has not turned all white yet.


I wonder if these two were discussing the weather? Or moaning about the humans???


Aren't I beautiful?


Chasing after the swan up ahead :)


At the far end of the park is a newly built bridge, very nicely done, and it means that a circular walk can now be made of the grounds :)


Nice to see a fallen tree has been left in place.


I think this arch over the river must be quite old, it is lovely to see :)




The river leaving the Abbey on its way to the sea



Looking across the lake towards the cafe from the new bridge.


Back to those beautiful swans again :)


My daughter and I enjoyed the afternoon,  it made a good place to visit after being stuck indoors all winter :)


All the birds having fun on the lake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment