Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Friday 31 December 2021

End of the Year 2021 Part 2


This beautiful Dahlia was in Walmer Castle Gardens :)

JULY


Smudgie - I think he has settled in well don't you???


Roses in Walmer Castle


Not sure what these are called but they are very pretty :)


More Walmer Castle roses, there is always a lovely display in Summer.

AUGUST


Walmer Castle again, this stump is in the recently opened sunken Glen area, it must have been a huge tree!


Summer flowers in the borders :)


The remains of a Medieval building behind The Chanters House, Sandwich.


Looking through the front door of St. Peters Church, Sandwich. The door at the back leads into the  hidden garden.

SEPTEMBER


.

Dover Docks as seen from the Castle.


The highly decorated Dining Room in Dover Castle. My son and I had a lovely day walking round :)


Deal pier in the background. One of the few remaining boats on Deal beach now.


Another view of the boats on Deal Beach, with the pier in the background.


OCTOBER


Walmer Castle 


I think this a red dragonfly, it was so pretty :)


There are a lot of wooden bird statues in the woodland area of Walmer Castle. This one is a Robin with a Ladybird visitor :)



Glorious red Ivy climbing over the Battlement walls, Walmer Castle again.


Marke Wood park in the lovely Autumn sunshine.


A beautiful Autumn rose.


The 'Birdman of Kearsney Abbey', also known as my son!!! He was surrounded by all sorts of birds, something to do with the bread he was feeding them I think...lol


NOVEMBER



A large wicker horse outside Canterbury Cathedral 



This little dog (?) is part of one of the ceiling bosses in the cloister of Canterbury Cathedral :)



I think this is called the 'dark passage' leading from the Cathedral to the grounds of The Kings School, Canterbury.


Looking towards Walmer seafront from the beach.

DECEMBER


A few years ago I made a Father Christmas tree decoration for a good friend and one for us. I knew there was a Mother Christmas chart somewhere, which turned up earlier this year, so I made my friend and I one each to go with the Father Christmas'. They look lovely on the tree and are a little bit out of the ordinary :)


This was taken in The Lantern at Martin, it is a tiny window in the Ladies toilet, but I had to get a photo of it! :)


The lovely fire in the Lantern at  Martin, this corner is so cosy. We were treated to dinner in the Lantern on Christmas day by our daughter. The whole day was just lovely, the food was amazing, the staff were great and the whole place had a great atmosphere. Great way to celebrate Christmas Day :)



I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of my photos from this year, hopefully I will be back soon with more blogs

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL


No comments:

Post a Comment