Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Friday 10 June 2022

Venice - Burano



Beautiful Burano, the island of colourful houses and lace.


We were lucky enough to get a seat outside on the boat again for the journey to Burano. This ruined building is one of the first things you see as you approach the Island. I think it is the remains of a Religious Centre.


Oh look, some of the famous coloured houses :)


Burano is a beautiful, peaceful place, which we all fell in love with :)


Arriving at the Island we passed many beautiful colourful houses, the houses are supposedly painted in bright colours to help the fishermen find their way home when the fog is bad on the Lagoon.


Yes, the church tower really does lean that much :) 


So pretty everywhere you look :)




We walked along the canal side just enjoying seeing all the colourful sights, and also looking for somewhere nice to have lunch. We found a beautiful restaurant right beside the canal and enjoyed a really lovely lunch.


Lovely houses lining the canals


One reason I was interested in Burano was the lace. Being a lace maker myself I really wanted to see some Burano Lace. Above are some examples of lace made on Burano, I make bobbin lace, Burano Lace is needle made lace, different from bobbin lace, just as beautiful, and very time consuming to make. 


Looking across the canal towards the Lagoon :) 




More lovely colourful houses as we leave Burano to travel to Torcello, the last and smallest island we visited.

1 comment: