Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Sunday 22 July 2018

Beijing, Jingshan Park, Part 2


The famous view from the pavilion at the top of Jingshan, looking over The Forbidden City :) It is amazing to see the City from this angle :)


On the way up to the top of the hill we came across this beautiful Wisteria.


The Pavilion at the top of Jingshan hill. The hill is man-made, and was constructed from the material that was dug out to make the moat surrounding The Forbidden City, and neighbouring canals.


Another view looking out over the roofs of the Forbidden City.


One of the corner towers of The Forbidden City.


Looking North from Jingshan Hill,  the Drum Tower can be seen, as mentioned in my last blog  :)


A few more photos of the spectacular views from the Pavilion :)


The white building in the centre back of this photo is the Mao Zedong mausoleum which is situated in Tiananmen Square.


All the major sites are built on the North /South axis, from the North is the Bell Tower, The Drum Tower, Jingshan Park, The Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square which all lie on this axis. The plaque above  shows the north/south line going through Jingshan Park.


A pretty little Pagoda :)


Looking West from Jingshan Hill, the White Pagoda on the left of the photo is in Beihai Park, I haven't managed to visit the Pagoda yet, but maybe next time?!


The three storied pavilion at the top of Jingshan Hill. 


A beautiful Pagoda, one of many in the park :) 


I love the decorations on these buildings :)


So beautiful :)


Two more photos of the White Pagoda in Beihai Park.



No comments:

Post a Comment