Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Thursday 5 September 2019

Prince Gong Mansion Gardens, Beijing


The Pavilion in the middle of the lake.


Behind the living quarters of the Palace is the walkway leading to the garden which covers 6.9 actres.


The West Gate, the main entrance to the Garden.


Prayer cards, each one asking for something important by the people buying them.


The first sight of the lake with the pavilion.


The Pavilion accessed by the little bridge.


So pretty in the Pavilion, looking over the various buildings surrounding the lake.



Chinese Lanterns of course :)


Amazing stone formations,


and circular doors leading to other parts of the garden.


My fascination with the ceiling decorations is still with me :)


Pretty vistas 


Plum Blossom on the trees :)


Intricate walkways leading to the buildings in this part of the garden including the 
 Peking Opera House, an unbelievably beautiful building inside, highly decorated on the walls, ceilings, doors and pillars.


An amazing sight greets you in the Opera House.




The main stage area.


Beautiful painted panels next to the Stage area.


My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Prince Gong Mansion, I am sure if we visited this site again we would find even more amazing things :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment