Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Sunday 6 October 2019

Mother's Day treat and the Forbidden City Moat


It just so happened that 'Mother's Day' fell during my holiday in March this year, my lovely daughter decided to treat me to a wonderful meal in a very nice restaurant which overlooks the Moat of the Forbidden City.


The view from our table of one of the gates leading into the Forbidden City :)


This was the starter, absolutely gorgeous :)
I haven't got any more photos of the food, as I was too busy eating!!


Lovely photo of myself and my daughter, taken by the manager of the restaurant :)


Right at the end of the meal, I was presented with this! Complete with candle for me to blow out :)
A truly lovely treat from my daughter, and definitely a Mother's Day treat I will not forget in a hurry :)


Another photo of the two of us after the meal, standing in front of the entrance to the Forbidden City, again taken by the Manager of the Restaurant. I felt very special :)


After that lovely meal we decided to walk to Beihai Park, as I love it there, so we walked past the moat, this is one of the corner towers.

Another entrance into the Forbidden City, I think this one is the North Entrance.

Finally one of the lovely gates we walked past on our way to Beihai Park, more of that in the next blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment