Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Last Blog of the Year 2019 - Part 2


Here goes for the second half of the year, again I was surprised looking through the photos at how many photos I did take :)

JULY


Hollyhocks in Sandwich Library Garden.


My daughter Alice and myself with our good friend Jeff, the current Mayor of Sandwich :)

AUGUST


Not so many photos taken in August, but both the photos here were taken in our garden.


SEPTEMBER


A beautiful coronet worn by Queen Victoria, one of the many fantastic exhibits my daughter and I saw on a great visit to the V & A museum :)


The same day as above, my first visit to China Town in London :)

OCTOBER


The beautiful calm sea off Deal, on a lovely October day.
  

The pots outside my kitchen still with lots of colour for the time of year.

NOVEMBER


A poppy skeleton.


A fuschia in almost full bloom, so unusual for November.


This tree is growing outside Deal Railway Station, it had been raining which had made the colours more pronounced, I am not sure what the tree is. It looked beautiful whatever variety it is :)

DECEMBER


One of the photos from our visit to 'Enchanted Walmer Castle', showing part of the Fairy area.


Finally a photo of Sandwich Library on my last day working there before I retired. The staff and Library Guild held a MacMillan Coffee morning and a 'Farewell to Val' which was amazing :) Above is the craft stall, the teas and cakes were in the room at the back. All sorts of people popped in to say Goodbye to me, and to support the Coffee Morning. I had such a lovely time :) :)

So on to another year, this one has been pretty good, I am hoping to take lots more photos with all the added spare time I have now.....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment