Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Thursday 19 December 2019

Street Scenes, Beijing


The amazing Confucius Cafe, where they serve the best vanilla coffee and blueberry muffins in Beijing. :)

This is my last Beijing Blog, I can't believe it has taken me so long this year putting these blogs up. I am now retired so I am hoping that there will be more frequent blogs in 2020 :)


A Hutong, I love these wonderful little streets :)


Buildings with carvings everywhere you look.


Two statues at the entrance to a building, wonderful :)



Attention to detail on buildings, something we simply do not see in this country.


A Hutong with the Drum Tower in the background.


Enormous yellow ducks by the shops? Why not??


This looked like a cat face :) Part of a roof decoration.


This little park is literally as wide as you can see, it is Sandwiched between houtongs on the right, and an eight lane road on the left, it was so lovely walking through there :)


The view over the Hutongs from my daughters flat, with the Confucius Temple in the background.


A closer view over the Hutongs, this was my 'television' while I was there, there was always something interesting going on :) Notice the blue roofs in the centre of the photo, these are added on structures to a basic Hutong home, a close up in the next photo...



Yes on top of the Hutong roof is a pigeon loft! Also in the photo is 'Roof Dog' he seemed to spend a lot of time up on the roof, walking along the ridges of the roofs. On top of one of the other buildings, accessed by a ladder, a lady used to feed some of the stray cats in the area. 


Typical street scenes, which I love :)



And a peek into another Hutong building.


These Hutongs are tidy in an untidy way!!


Outside a shop, I didn't actually have a ride in one of these, they are expensive, but I think this one was just for decoration.


The Gourd Shop, an Aladdin's Cave of lovely items :)


Just another building with lovely decorated roof tiles.



Finally a photo  of the gardens in the Compound where my daughter had her flat.

If anyone had told me 10 years ago that I would be visiting China four times in the future I would never have believed them, but each and every time I had a holiday there I loved it more. Although I have only seen a very small part of this country, I am thrilled to have been able to get to know Beijing just a little bit. I have so many photos to remind me of all the fantastic places I have visited, and many more fantastic memories :)

My daughter is now living in Japan for a year, I am not sure yet if I will be able to visit her there next year, we will have to wait and see, but if I do I will take lots of photos and write more blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment