Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Scarecrows 2019 Part 1.


Captain Hook trying very hard not to fall into the crocodile's mouth!

Hoping that this blog will make some people smile in these troubled times of the spreading Corona Virus which is affecting so many people and countries the World over.

One of the blogs I never got round to writing last year! Every two years the village of Wingham, near Canterbury in Kent put on an amazing Scarecrow trail, last year the display was in July. The theme last year was Pantomime Characters. My friend and I had a really lovely afternoon walking round the village and seeing all the amazing scarecrows :)


Pantomime horse and Dame :)


Donald Trump a pantomime character?? I will leave this one to your imagination.......


Red Riding Hood's real Grandmother :)


Priscilla Goose - the goose that laid the golden eggs....


One golden egg, hidden in the garden, this one is not hatched yet....


Ah ha, another golden egg found, this one has hatched and is full of gold coins :)


Peter Pan and the Lost Boys, these scarecrows were made by the children of the village school :)


The Pied Piper of Hamelin, and the children following his music, made by the Tiny Tots and Messy Friday children :)


Jack and the Beanstalk.....


....and the Giant who lives at the top of the Beanstalk :)


Detrita Plastica (Cinderella's Ugliest Step Sister) 


Prince Charming taking a rest before continuing the search for Cinderella.


Puss in Boots.


The Genie, Aladdin and Princess Jasmine.


Life is a Pantomime, made by the village Scout Group.

Part 2 of the scarecrow display to follow - Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs.


No comments:

Post a Comment