Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Wednesday 13 May 2020

Flashback 2010 - The Salutation Gardens Sandwich in the Spring.


Like many photographer in this Corona Virus Lockdown I have been unable to get out and take many photos, but it has been  nice to have the time to go back over older photos. These are from 2010, these gardens have undergone many changes over the last ten years, just before the lockdown started the company running this hotel went into administration so the award winning gardens closed. I believe a solution had been found to re-open the gardens, so hopefully when the Lockdown is over we will be able to pay more visits :)


Wallflowers and tulips in a wide border.


Such beautiful colours and a wonderful smell :)


Blossom :)


The shape of these two trees has always been a favourite with me, I think it is amazing that two trees have 'twinned' in their growth.


You can't have photos of blossom on trees without a close up :)


Dense planting making interesting vistas in all directions


The photo above shows the small bridge crossing a stream which leads to this lovely little Gazebo 


Just beginning to be covered with roses.


Different views across to the gazebo


Beautiful foliage colours on the trees.


Bluebells in the wooded area


Tulips in the meadow area


The fountain in the pond near the gazebo


The cottage in the grounds.


Looking from the cottage to the daffodils growing round the tree..


...in a beautiful spiral :)


And of course there were flowers..


Beautiful poppies


Of all colours


Simply stunning :)


I love poppies :)


I am not sure what the flower above is, but isn't it pretty?


Gorgeous columbine (Aquilegia)


And finally a wonderful pansy face :)

I have enjoyed re-visiting the gardens from 10 years ago, I have plenty more photos taken in the garden over the years, so there may be more Flashbacks appearing from different years.

No comments:

Post a Comment