Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Saturday 21 May 2022

Venice - at last :)


I have always wanted to visit Venice, my two children have said for years that one day they would take me there. The one day finally came at the beginning of May :) We had a totally amazing time, Venice was everything I thought it would be and more. This is the first of a series of blogs that I will share, I hope it won't get boring!


The Alps, photo taken from the plane on the journey out to Venice.


The Rialto Bridge, our first proper sight of this beautiful city.


Amazing architecture everywhere you look.


A beautiful White Egret perched on boats on the Grand Canal.


The Grand Canal looking lovely in the sun.


The first of very many very photographic canals that we saw.


We had rented an Airbnb so we set off with our suitcases, over the Rialto Bridge. We got lost, but we found this lovely square with a very inviting Restaurant in the corner, so we stopped and enjoyed our first Italian meal, and a few drinks to give us strength to carry on to our Airbnb. The food was just amazing, just what we needed. Suitably refreshed we carried on looking for our accomodation.


Part of the gorgeous Church in the Square.


Back the way we had come, but it was fine, we loved the street scenes we saw.


Back over the Rialto Bridge at dusk, and on to our Airbnb, which was half way between the bridge and St. Mark's Square. 
More adventures to come soon :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome....beautiful....Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete