Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Thursday 26 May 2022

Venice - our first full day


A golden sea horse decoration on a Gondola.


The view from our bedroom window :)


We had booked into a glass making experience at 10.00 so we got ourselves ready in good time so we could find where we had to go. I had to take the odd photo or two on the way..... 


About 5 minutes walk from our accommodation we found ourselves in St Mark's Square, what an amazing sight! As it was early there weren't too many people about, and much to our surprise HIM's Wicked Game was playing full blast from the stage that can be seen on the left of the photo. As I really like HIM's music I thoroughly enjoyed it!! We found out a couple of days later that the Square was used for a Graduation Ceremony, what an amazing place for such a ceremony. 
There will be a lot more about St. Mark's Square in a later blog :)


Pretty canals everywhere :)



We found the address and had a very enjoyable 2 hours making our own glass momentos of our visit


I made a glass 'penny' and a black cat


The caterpillar was made by my son, my little black cat even has whiskers, but I forgot to give him eyes...


at least he has ears and a nose!!! We all thoroughly enjoyed our time and I am proud of my little cat :)


After our glass making event we found a lovely restaurant in a nearby square. We had a leisurely lunch enjoying the food and sun while we decided what to do next. We had intended to travel to one of the Islands but decided to have the afternoon just wandering through the streets and alleyways, and leave the islands until the following day.


One of the many alleyways in the city.
The afternoon meanderings will be in the next blog :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what lovely photos, have a great time. Xx

    ReplyDelete