Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Sunday 30 December 2012

Last blog of the Year 2012 part 1

IMG_3699NA

Sissinghurst Castle

On January 1st 2012 I went for a walk along the seafront, I clearly remember thinking to myself ‘What on earth am I going to find to take photos of this year?’ I needed have worried, I have had a great photo taking year, with lots of lovely days out to help me on my way Smile 

I love doing this blog, it gives the chance to go through all my photos for the year, and jogs my memory as to the things I have been doing with my life. I have split the blog into 2 parts, simply because I just couldn’t keep the photos down to 2 per month, this year there are 3 photos for each month. Hope you enjoy them Smile

JANUARY

IMG_3102A

Nature gave me the first photo opportunity of the year with this spectacular sunrise Smile

IMG_3152

Misty morning going to work.

IMG_3174

Snowdrops in my garden.

FEBRUARY

IMG_3275A

The beautiful miniature donkeys.

IMG_3290A

Ham Church

IMG_3443

I had to include a swan somewhere!!

MARCH

IMG_3491NA

Taken on Deal Pier

IMG_3693A

Sissinghurst Castle, a photo competition winner Open-mouthed smile

IMG_3769

Whitstable Harbour

APRIL

IMG_3895

A blackbird in the Church garden, Sandwich

IMG_4008

A lamb in Walmer Castle Paddock.

IMG_4044

MAY

IMG_4047NA

Looking down at Dover from the Castle.

IMG_4220

Clematis

IMG_4229

JUNE

IMG_4405

Poppies growing along the edge of a field, a wonderful sight.

IMG_4805NA

Me in the stocks!!

IMG_4851

My darling Misty, she is getting old now but still beautiful.

July to December photos in part 2..

8 comments:

  1. Loved them all Val, especially the blackbird, it's pin sharp, how do you do it? I'm jealous as hell, I can't ever get close enough or it's through the window. Also love Misty, I didn't know you had a cat, I'd like one but won't because I couldn't trust them with all the birds I get in the garden. :-( Off to look at part two then I may do another blog post myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Arlene :) I have a good camera, it was expensive but worth every penny to my mind :)
    Misty is now 14, wants lots of cuddles and fusses but she is an old lady, so I have no problem with that :)
    I have treated myself to an online photography course for Christmas, mainly because I want to know how to use the camera properly, and there is always something to learn isn't there? I will let you know how the course goes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry and Happy New Year ...!
    Eko
    Suomi/Lapland/Kuusamo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misty !!!! Happy New Year 2013 !!!!
    May Every Single Day of Your New Year Glow With
    Pawsome Cheer, Excellent Healthy, & Happiness

    ❤ You always been loved by Me ❤
    xoxo

    Puddy Boy
    ( AKA... Mr. Poot )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and thank you for all your wonderful pics and postings xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great year of pictures. I hope you have another the same (except perhaps a Summer this year would be nice), and I hope that sheep finds something better to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, you take beautiful photos! I'll definitely be following you now, and I look forward to seeing what you share this year! : ]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I quite enjoyed your pictures Poppy! After reading your last blog, I thought I'd see what you've been sharing before that, so here I am. I wanted to ask you why do you watermark your photos in the middle? I like it when you put them on the bottom, I feel it distracts from your beautiful photos. (You know me, I always have my opinions.) You are a good photo taker. On Google Plus, I have met a lot of excellent photographers. One of them is so friendly, he has a book out with his photos in it and he posts his best pictures and gives a free lesson on each shot and if he used Photoshop on them. He had a lesson on how to take pictures of flying birds. If you wish, I'll email you and share his profile so you can read them. Not that you need it. LOL! Well I'm on to Part 2.

    ReplyDelete